When it comes time to relieve morning stiffness, we can all relate. Morning stiffness is something that many of us may deal with at one point or another in our lifetime. Stiff muscles in addition to joints along neck as well as back pain usually are just about all symptoms. This these you experience primary thing at the morning! Morning stiffness AND pain affect thousands regarding people. whilst You will find specific circumstances that will cause this, often it’s self-inflicted. So what causes morning stiffness? People who suffer through certain inflammatory disorders such as:
- Rheumatic arthritis
- Infectious Arthritis
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
What is stiffness in the morning?
If you are frequently waking up feeling stiff first thing in the morning, you should have a bit of concern. Morning stiffness is a symptom most commonly associated with rheumatoid arthritis. If you have morning joint stiffness that lasts more than an hour, even up to several hours, there’s a good chance you have some sort of arthritis. Morning stiffness in the muscles and joints is characteristic of rheumatoid arthritis or other inflammatory types of arthritis present in the body.
What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Rheumatoid Arthritis is a chronic disease, meaning that it’s life long, that often causes painful, irreversible joint damage and pain. Rheumatoid Arthritis occurs when your immune system mistakenly attacks healthy joints, thus causing morning stiffness in the muscles and joints. Some of the most noticeable arthritis symptoms may include:
- Loss of physical function in hands, wrists, shoulders, knees, and feet.
Unfortunately, the prolonged symptoms, over time, can lead to irreversible joint damage. Generally, morning stiffness from arthritis may result from a combination of factors, including genetic predisposition, environmental influences, and your immune system, even though the exact cause is unknown. An exact life change in life expectancy is almost impossible to predict due to the varying nature of the disease. In general, arthritis patients can expect that because of the rheumatoid arthritis life span, life could be shortened by roughly 10 years to as many as 15 years.
Ways to beat morning stiffness in the muscles and joints.
There are several ways to relieve morning stiffness in the joints and muscles, here are a few.
- Plan ahead. Take pain or anti-inflammatory medications, such as aspirin, Aleve, or Motrin an hour before getting out of bed in the morning.
- Exercise in bed. Do a bit of moving in place and stretch!
- A major yoga advantage is it’s positive affect on those with arthritis
- Hit the showers.Take a shower shortly after getting out of bed. It’ll work wonders.
- Eat a good breakfast. Eating a healthy breakfast will aid in providing the body with the proper nutrients.
- Bring the heat. Use a heating pad when you sleep
- Move your body every day. Exercise! Check out our post on Cross-fit workouts that you can do at a regular gym! It’s just that simple.
You can beat morning stiffness in the muscles and joints.
By using the methods listed above, you should be able to easily cope with the symptoms that come with the onset of arthritis. By moving, eating well and planning ahead, you too can deal with stiffness in the morning!